Greenify is an Android app developed aiming fast battery draining problem. As the app featured the Lifehacker’s Top 1 Utility in 2013 Best Android Apps, Greenify helps you to keep your battery in green condition letting the user identify what apps cause faster battery draining in the Android. In fact, it comes with the special mode hibernation which identifies apps with a bad impact on the battery strength and keeps under hibernation until recall of the user. Accordingly, Greenify APK optimizes the Android battery giving the user more opportunities in your Android. As it definitely impresses the user, let’s see all around the app with the devices it supports, Android versions allowed, the way process flows and etc.
Smartphone users are now seen everywhere as the mobile nowadays plays a vital role in every hand. In fact, there are millions of apps for your Android which can make your tasks easier and make your leisure worth with amazing apps. But did you ever think the compact of each individual app on your battery strength? Maybe not, but there could definitely be moments you wondered why your Android battery gets drained this fast? So knowing the dimensions of the problem Greenify APK is built-in as the complete solution for Android battery exhausting.
As above mentioned, it comes with the hibernating feature, which could put the selected apps into a complete static state letting no more chances to eat your battery power being in the background. In fact, you might never know how largely apps stay in the background of your device consume battery even at times with no use. So knowing the issue in the right point Greenify install is accessed for Android as the convenient solution for fast battery rundown in Android.
Respect to the device model and Android version you are powered, the link for Greenify APK download could vary. So below given are genuine links which would be helpful in getting right app download for your device.
How to use Greenify APK
Greenify APK is allowed for both rooted and none-rooted Android devices. It goes with different setups and in feature wise too there is a benefit in getting Greenify on rooted devices.
Install Greenify on none-rooted Android
- Step 1: Download Greenify APK and install with screen instructions
- Step 2: Launch the app interface and see options
- Step 3: Go to app analyzer and identify the apps that consume more power on Android
- Step 4: Head to menu and reach the full list of options and tick the apps you need to hibernate
- Step 5: Enable Automation feature in manual hibernation notification
- Step 6: When required, enable Greenify from device accessibility settings
- Step 7: Click “OK” in the confirmation and use the device as usual
With the “+” mark at the top left of Greenify, you can add applications to the list greenified. And with the “-” mark you can remove and reset the apps to hibernate.
With root access/Xposed installed you can get more features in the app usage. So follow the steps to setup the app with the Xposed installer.
- Get Greenify APK on Android
- Download / install Xposed installer
- When the “Framework” is installed, activate “Greenify” in the Xposed Modules
- Choose Greenify inside modules while launching the Xposed Framework
- Update the framework
- Let the device reboot and use the features
If you need more features with Greenify app, you can take the Pro upgrade for about $2.99. It will work prioritizing rooted Android allowing more experimental features than what you get in the free download.
Are you Compatible for the App Download?
The app comes in APK format which can be directly applied in the device instead of PC installations. So it is easy for the user with the right download checking the compatibility of the device. If you are running Android 4.0 and later, you can get Greenify benefits free or with a little upgrade regardless of the root status of the device.
What should I Greenify?
When hibernating apps, you should know is it actually worth hibernating. In fact, putting apps in a complete static state prevent getting notifications, updates etc as it is out of service until you recall. So make sure you are not greenifying System apps or apps that you often use. But there is no harm hibernating apps like Amazon which is only needed when you buy something online but no use keeping in the background when you are not in a mood of shopping.
Apps to Hibernate:
- Google Maps
- Gaming apps
- Apps like Amazon
- Google Hangouts
- Google Search Google Text-to-Speech
- Google Chrome
- Google Books
Change Log of Greenify APK
As an app gets updated with time, we find a number of versions by now. So below given are the change log of current latest to some far.
Greenify APK v3.1.2 (Donate)
- Prescription import is fixed
- Adds an app shortcut for Android 7.1
- Fixed the issue root privilege check on some device models
- Prescriptions new beta feature
- Fixed the issue with wake-up monitor in root mode
- Improved app functions
- Wake-up cut-off new feature for non-root mode (currently for Android 4.4-5.x)
- “Broad wake-up cut-off” New feature introduced for one cut-off for all similar wake-ups
- Added a new “User guide”
- New “Privileged Mode” as a more effective feature than Root mode
- Fixed wake-up tracking problem on some Samsung ROM models
- Tasker plug-in “Aggressive Doze Toggle” activated on Android 7 (none-root mode)
- “Doze on the Go” on Android 6.x new feature (in separate forms for non-root or Xposed)
- New feature as “Quick Action Notification”
- Troubleshooting section is added in settings (none-root Wake-up Tracker)
- Manual enabling option for Aggressive Doze via USB-connected PC (Even when Doze is disabled in ROM)
- Enhancements in App detection (Android 6+)
- Improved support for Android 7 (Aggressive Doze is not yet compatible)
- Fixed crash issue
- Improved work capacity
- Aggressive Doze (No root required) and Shallow hibernation (required root) introduced as experimental features for Android 6.0
- Improved auto hibernation feature in non-root mode
- Nav-bar gesture can be enabled in setting for Android 6.0
- Toggle “screen off” supported with a new feature (root)
- Improved work state and detection
- Tasker plug-in to work with more supported tools
- Wake-lock-free hibernation engine as a new option
- Shallow Hibernation as an experimental feature for Android 6.0
- Auto hibernation in none-root mode dims the screen with no screen flickering
- App running state detection is improved and fixed the issues on Android 5.1.1 & 6.0
- Problem related to “Wake-up” feature in Tasker plug-in addressed
- Wake up path on per-path basis
- Supports the alpha build of Xposed (Android 5.1)
- Wake up, “Content provided” is now be cut-off
- Wake-up paths cut-off prevented from the impacts (important system broadcast0
- “Wake-up Tracker and Cut-off” is updated to work for all rooted devices
- Xposed features are added support with Xposed alpha (Android 5.0)
- New experimental feature call “Deep Hibernation” is introduced in donation package to decrease wake-ups of hibernated apps
- Enhanced GCM wake-up feature
- Improved UI with Material effect
- Root mode support for Android 5.0 Lollipop (required recent updated version of SuperSU)
- Better usability with adjusted button/replacement
- App picker better work support on Android 4.x (Not allowed for Android 5.0 with permission limits)
- Hibernation success /failure view for Tasker plug-in
- Rare battery drain issue is addressed (root mode)
- Package size is set back to 1.4M
- Minor changes in UI
- Automated hibernation is stable for most devices (none-root mode)
- Corrected wake-up source/type
- Bug fixes and improvements in the work frame
- Disabled restart accessibility service
- “Keep Notifications” limited feature is now allowed in root mode
- Attempt to remove “outdated odex file” with the crash due to mismatch in files
- Hibernation shortcut issue was successfully addressed (with secure key-guard)
- Addresses the matter with Touch screen freezes (when device-admin is activated in shortcut opening)
- Added an option to Pull-up function (on Home soft-key)
- New “Uninstall” feature is introduced in the “About dialog” to right uninstall Greenify
- Automatic hibernation (in non-root mode) improved in speed and overall functioning
- Addresses minor issues
- Improved speed and performance
- Changed the description of “automatic hibernation”
- Issue related to Automatic hibernation has been fixed
- Fixed Manual hibernation guide incorrect pops up, when automatic hibernation is working
- Touch screen freezing after hibernation/shortcut is addressed
- Fixed Automatic hibernation in non-root mode which not showing all apps hibernated
- Improved work stability and fixed minor bugs
- Hibernating not supported- Try to launch Greenify APK as an administrator
- Facebook/Messenger refuse being hibernated- This is possible in applications which are bound to get Google Cloud Messaging (in short GCM) services. So with notifications, these apps would wake up from the static state. The apps under this matter are indicated by the“cloud “symbol in the Greenify app list. If you can prevent hibernating these apps or try to turn off notifications in each individual app you would not get this matter often
- How to enable “shallow hibernation” and “wake-up tracking and cut-off” at once- Simply these two features cannot be enabled at once. If you need to experience one on your Android we recommend wake-up tracking cut off which is set with more advanced features (Require no root/exposed)
- Still active on the background even appeared greenified- This matter often comes in the side of Facebook, Messenger, Instagram etc. Even you hibernate these apps, they could wake up to process notifications. So better stay away from hibernating apps like above. If not you can also give a try with root/Xposed installed as Greenify comes with more features when working with a rooted Android
If your trouble has not come in our troubleshooting section, feel free to write us. There could possibly be some errors when processing Greenify with respect to the device model and Android version you are powered.
Realizing the importance of battery life for your Android, Oasis Feng has developed Greenify. So the whole thanks for the app development go to him for giving a perfect solution for Android battery draining problem.
Thanks to Greenify APK, Android battery draining got solved. And as it supported for both rooted and none-rooted devices anyone can get benefited of this amazing utility for free or for about one-time payment (Pro upgrade). So give a try your own and see how it has optimized your battery life. And if you find any trouble in the time of Greenify install, let us know in the comments below.